The Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Born Pretty Store - Radiant Pearl review


I find pearls to go very very well with palette cleansers* (aka nude, neutral or mellower colours). 
I have my dream come true with Born Pretty's wheel of pearls from various sizes!! Mine came in only one colour, the silvery pearl that looks so radiant under natural light :)

Knowing myself, I had to break out at least 2 colours with each or most of my manicures :P And this above photo shows Essie's Jazz with Daiso's white nail art enamel and Born Pretty's pearls :)
Essie's application was smooth and 2 coats was needed. 

I added Daiso's biege sheer colour for the added shimmer on Jazz.



This is The Faceshop's colour, BR802, a nude with silver glass fleck-y shimmer, very subtle and feminine. 3 coats to perfection in coverage. 

This seemed like a better mannequin hands colour on me than Jazz was. Jazz was a tad dirtier, with possible grey tones to it. BR802 seemed more peachy. 


Love this a lot!


Look at how the pearls shine. I love the different shapes of the pearls as they added very good variety to this manicure. 

This is the one I got:
http://www.bornprettystore.com/sizes-nail-pearl-rhinestone-decoration-wheel-p-287.html

3 different sizes, one colour. There's also the multi coloured one that you might want to check out :)

I might want to use these pearls on a card sometime ;) 

For those who are new to nail art,
you just have to gloss on a layer of clear varnish or even a normal top coat (no quick dry please!)
and then use a pair of tweezers to pick up the flat-back pearl and place it on your nail. 
Gently press down to secure the position but not too hard or u see the varnish pooling on the sides of the pearl :)
Then seal the whole nail with top coat (quick dry or not) to complete your manicure.

*Born Pretty Store provided me with this item for an honest review. The lacquers in this post are from my own collection, paid for by me. 




2 comments:

The Nail Diary said...

Very pretty!! :)

Cheryl said...

It's so sweet looking! I love the pearls!